We paid our January rent with money orders. The Island In the Sun office only recorded one of the 3 money orders. I responded that they were paid. It's now May and I brought in a good check for rent. They refused to give me a receipt and sent it back by mail. I have a photo of the check on their desk and a witness that it was tendered on time.
Now they claim I'm late and they threaten eviction.
Their rent accounting is really bad and they have no understanding of the law. The manager is incompetent and petty, ignoring major problems and harassing tenants instead. The rent is much higher than the market and goes up without justification every year. There are 5 times as many houses for sale as there ought to be. Everyone is bailing out. Their legally required prospectus is a pack of lies. Required disclosures about rent increases and sewer are wrong or omitted. They cut down mature oaks that are protected by law and do not plant the required replacements.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Friends in the park
What I disliked
- Exorbitant rent increases
- Poor management decisions and customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Mobile Home Park
- Cal Am Properties The Island In The Sun Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "All cited lack of performance for HOA [Home Owners Association] management continue & has retrograded from poor to untenable.Note that G3 provides HOA property management, the subject of this review...."
- "The employee's of Pama Management are rude, disconcerning, mean and do not have a clue as to how to run a business. I live in the Antelope Valley California. ..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "My husband and I bought Lazy Boy Furniture because my mom has always bought it and it has always been the best and it is made in the United States..."
- "I moved to a new property, and they stated that my account would retain the same Combo and price, well guess what, they doubled my bill nearly from 160 month..."
- "I am amazed how good the corn chips are. I normally dont buy " off brand" chips, but i did do just that the other day. They are crispy, just..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."