2.3K views

Well we all have been duped by Lamplighter Village, they are nothing but used car salesman. When you are told that this is a 55 and older park, then you realize that there are kids living on Waveside Drive and throughout the park, you know you have been lied to.

I agree if I wanted to live with children and families I would have moved to a family park. This park has very high lot rents and we get nothing in return. We don't have the pool area and the billiards and laundry locked down so only residents can use it. I have been at the pool when a lady informed us that she lives off site and has been using this pool for three years and not one person, security, or management ever told her to leave.

What the heck? Why are we paying this high lot rent when non residents are using what we pay for? Are we ***? There are so many homes for sale in here, now I know why.

I thought that the homes were for sale due to the deaths of the owners, but that isn't true.

People are escaping Lamplighter Village due to the mismanagement of the park and the high lot rents. Shame on Cal Am and its corporate greed

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of lamplighter village amenities. Cal Am Properties needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lamplighter village amenities in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cal Am Properties.

Comments

I am so sorry I moved here...my CalAm trailer was renovated with such shorty materials that my windows leaked every time it rains the siding is falling off and I've only been here a month. They showed the home with brand new appliances but when I moved in the refrigerator was switched out with a scratch and dent with no handles to open and close the doors.

When I complained I was told it was still usable. There are so many other things...I can go on and on.

#1441936

Shoot on our street we have nothing but nosey butt people. If u back ur car in they wanna know why?One looks out her window with binoculars.

They talk crap try to get u kicked Out. Or cameras in WindowsThat is an early sign if dimensia.They r miserable have no life take pictures and take to The office.Really?

Get a life then cal-am takes u to court and they want u to pay 1/2 if legal fee and we price them wrong if u dont pay they say ur kicked out. This place I have no words all they care about is money .

to Beanie 62 #1441939

Even if u prove them wrong tHey still make u pay. And the asst manager lolHe's a piece if work. Lmao lol

#1391973

I do not agree with this report at all. This very petty.

We have locked fenced pool area which is for residents only. You can a register quests or grandchildren who are visiting and accompanied by the resident.

Hope you went and complained to the office, hopefully you do not have grandkids or family with children visiting. I do not agree with this comment

Deltona, Florida, United States #1286753

Its a joke how they list Lamplighter Village in Melbourne as 55 qualified..Resort style living, etc. The people who are buying are bringing entire families with them ..

young kids and their single parents! What with the overhead - lot rent of over $700 and more and all the utilities it's a outrage. The pool area is filled with teenagers, babies (with diapers on in the water)

there is no space for the age qualified homeowners! Pool area unkempt.

Grounds barely kept up with. Beware of moving here.

Orlando, Florida, United States #1188814

IF I CHOOSE TO LIVE IN AN 55 AND OLDER COMMUNITY IT'S BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE AROUND CHILDREN AND YOUNGER PEOPLE WHO DRINK/PARTY!! IF YOU WANT YOUR GRANDKIDS AROUND ETC.

THEN MOVE TO A FAMILY PARK PERIOD!! SOME OF US WANT PEACE AND QUITE NOT SCREAMING NON-SENSE FROM YOUR DRUG ADDICTED CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN!!!!!!

I maybe the person on Waveside Dr. that has a child living with them.

My grandson is a 41/2 year old special needs child(documented in office). It was not our plan to raise our grandson! He was born with drugs in his system, multipul health issues. He is developmentally delayed.

Was I supposed to let the state take him? What kind of a person would I be? Would you have given him up? He didnt ask to be born to heroin addicted parents!!!

If you have an issue with us, come talk to us, dont hide behind anonymity!!!

Dont spout nonense without knowing the full facts!!!

This is a great community!!! We love living here!!

This is so true.The home owners group does not do anything to stop the high rent increases that Cal-Am imposes on the long time residents of the park in Melbourne.Florida.

There are so many people leaving their homes because Cal-Am is forcing them out be raising the rent on people living on fixed incomes with no raises in Social Security.

They do good to have food to eat.This can only stop if every resident refuses to pay the increase as a group in the park against the owners.

The new people that are buying in the park will soon find this out and when you try to sell your home they have to approve the person buying the home. If you don't go through them they won't approve the application into the park.

EVER GEAR OF GRANDCHILDREN????? I PAY MY LOT RENT AND WHO EVER YOU ARE TOUGH I WILL HAVE MY GRAND KIDS HERE EVERYDAY IF I WISH!!!

THERE IS NO ONE WHO IS GOING TO TELL ME WHO IS ALLOWED IN MY HOME!

THEY CAN NOT LIVE HERE BUT THEY SURE CAN VISIT EVERYDAY! YOU DON'T LIKE KIDS THEN MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND AS LONG AS THEY ARE RESPECTFUL AND AREN'T BREAKING LIVE IN RULES THEN GET A LIFE THIS ISN'T LOCK DOWN AND THEY KEEP YOU YOUNG AND I WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE TO ENJOY THEM SO CLAIM UP!!!!

to Anonymous #1074799

Wow sounds like you are an angry old woman. I believe if you read some of these posts it was not about grandchildren visiting, it was about children living here.

And YES there are numerous kids living in and around this park. I didn't read in any of these posts that people didn't like grandchildren, I believe what they stated was they didn't want to live near kids-that is why this is a 55 and older community. However, so many in this park think rules don't apply to them. If you want to have your grandchildren here everyday, then good for you.

Also what was stated was that yes the grandkids can use the facilities but the rules clearly state the homeowner -55 and older needs to be present at each of the activities that the kids attend.

That isn't happening. Wow you seem very bitter and angry hopefully your beloved grandkids won't see this side of you-could cause them to be very scared.

Everything you have said is so true. I am in the process of getting out of this improperly run park.

fea

to Anonymous #1068641

You and so many others are fleeing Lamplighter Village. If my house would sell, it would be on the market too.

I am so discouraged. Everytime I go thru the neighborhood, more and more kids are living here. Cal Am-Lamplighter Village says its the 80/20 rule, but that isn't true. They could care less who moves in only that the rent is paid.

We bought in here for the 55 and older crowd. No wonder people are fleeing. I am hoping that my home sells and fast when I put it on the market. I would also have my place rented since Cal Am seems to do that in this park too.

No one checks. The manager doesn't even live here anymore. That isn't a good sign, even he doesn't want to stay.

Their brochures state 24 on site management-ha- maybe the manager didn't even tell Cal Am he moved.

Hey Anonymous: The second poster was accurate these kids live here, not visiting. Maybe before you comment you need to get your facts correct.

There are not suppose to be any children in this 55 and older community, no exceptions. Try getting out of your little bubble world and walk your community, and talk to other residents.

We all know about the kids, management knows and does nothing to fix the problem.

to Anonymous Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States #1274615

all of you should get your facts correct. its called the fair housing act.

look it up. if a grandparent is the legal guardian of a special needs child the 55 and over rule dosent apply. cal am has no say in the matter. these laws were created so that special needs children were not discriminated against by grumpy people.

The HOA also made a deal that rent increases would be very small and spread out over a five year period. there is nothing worse than people who arent active and stay shut in thier home and complain about everything and do nothing. lamplighter is a safe place, very well run by management thats in place. as an active member of lamplighter i see cal am employees making non residents leave the pool and property all the time.

i personally witnessed Jason the maintenance supervisor eject three people from the pool. i have witnessed ryan the property manager address people who have unregistered quest living with them in the office. its the residents trying to pull one over on cal am not cal am ignoring them as these post would have you believe. how are they to know who sneaks someone in in a community as big as lamplighter.

im amazed they catch as many as they do. cal am keeps us safe and has provided some great amenitys for us to use and have fun. get out of your house, stop the gosip and use them! the rent in lamplighter is in line with apartments and other communitys that are simular but none of those places are as safe and have near the amenitys.

if you dont believe m then move out and you will see. the rent is 700-800 depending on where you live. you cant add electric bill and water to that and say you pay 1200 rent. thats not how rent is calculated.

no matter where you live utilitys are seperate expence from rent.

people who are over 55 and act like children aggrivate everyone and are not the majority in lamplighter. please get your facts straight before bashing our community. dont single out great people who have a terrible situation with a grandchild who are trying to do the right and christian thing by helping him. the only time the poor child is visible to residents is when he catches the bus to school.

he is hurting nobody. to the person who said no exceptions. your wrong. instead of focusing on the negitive you should help those people if you can.

everyday is an opportunity to make friends and enjoy life.

if your goal in life is to be grumpy and mean and stay inside your home all day and look out your window and complain about what you see then lamplighter isnt the place for you. you should move.

to Anonymous #1439500

What about special privileges to the HOA Officer's Who Don't Pay The Same Rent As The Other Residents?

Lived in Lamplighter Village for over 12 yrs. There are children here 99% they are visiting their grandparents or a relative.

They are allowed to use the pool, hot tub with adult supervisions. They can use the Minature Golf course. This park has always been friendly to these situations.

No problems

If you do not like it I suggest you move to an elderly place only.

They have also been welcome to activities for the same reason & same price by numerous activities committees. Prices need to be more affordable for the people who are on fixed income.

to Anonymous #1026419

I am in disagreement with you. I have lived here many years too and these children are NOT visiting they are LIVING here.

They catch the school buses across the street from # 3 entrance. If they are visiting, they would not be catching the school bus. They would be here after school hours and or weekends. Yes visitors are allowed to use the pool but the grandparents MUST stay at the pool, this is not happening either.

I have seen the younger adults age 15-16 who live in Groveland come over to use the mini golf course, they are not visiting their grandparents. One lady comes on the weekend with her kids she is NOT visiting anyone who lives here, she has bragged that she has used our pool and laundry facilities for three years. Is that fair???? No it is not So many have left who have lived here for years due to the mismanagement of the park.

Its a shame-we all moved here for the same thing, to be with 55 and older and not to have children in this park. Some feel they can disregard the rules.

I am going to move, to a park that the rules are followed and the manager does the job. A real manager would not allow the families that are living here to be here either.

So I guess you feel that its ok for families/children to live here full time even though this is a 55 and older park and the license thru

Tallahese is for a 55 and older community?

to Anonymous Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1101930

Hi,

I've been looking to but there and this scares me. This is the only park that will finance me.

I'm kinda forced to pick lamplighter. I'm paying 1,200 rent and with ele, water, cable and lawn service I'm shelling out 1650 a month. Wish I had other options.

Thanks for opening my eyes so I know what I'm getting into.

Does anyone wanna hold the mortgages

Just asking.