1.9K views

Well we all have been duped by Lamplighter Village, they are nothing but used car salesman.When you are told that this is a 55 and older park, then you realize that there are kids living on Waveside Drive and throughout the park, you know you have been lied to.

I agree if I wanted to live with children and families I would have moved to a family park. This park has very high lot rents and we get nothing in return. We don't have the pool area and the billiards and laundry locked down so only residents can use it. I have been at the pool when a lady informed us that she lives off site and has been using this pool for three years and not one person, security, or management ever told her to leave.

What the heck? Why are we paying this high lot rent when non residents are using what we pay for? Are we ***? There are so many homes for sale in here, now I know why.

I thought that the homes were for sale due to the deaths of the owners, but that isn't true.

People are escaping Lamplighter Village due to the mismanagement of the park and the high lot rents.Shame on Cal Am and its corporate greed

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of lamplighter village amenities. Cal Am Properties needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lamplighter village amenities in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cal Am Properties.

Comments

#1391973

I do not agree with this report at all.This very petty.

We have locked fenced pool area which is for residents only. You can a register quests or grandchildren who are visiting and accompanied by the resident.

Hope you went and complained to the office, hopefully you do not have grandkids or family with children visiting.I do not agree with this comment

Deltona, Florida, United States #1286753

Its a joke how they list Lamplighter Village in Melbourne as 55 qualified..Resort style living, etc.The people who are buying are bringing entire families with them ..

young kids and their single parents! What with the overhead - lot rent of over $700 and more and all the utilities it's a outrage. The pool area is filled with teenagers, babies (with diapers on in the water)

there is no space for the age qualified homeowners! Pool area unkempt.

Grounds barely kept up with.Beware of moving here.

Orlando, Florida, United States #1188814

IF I CHOOSE TO LIVE IN AN 55 AND OLDER COMMUNITY IT'S BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE AROUND CHILDREN AND YOUNGER PEOPLE WHO DRINK/PARTY!!IF YOU WANT YOUR GRANDKIDS AROUND ETC.

THEN MOVE TO A FAMILY PARK PERIOD!!SOME OF US WANT PEACE AND QUITE NOT SCREAMING NON-SENSE FROM YOUR DRUG ADDICTED CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN!!!!!!

I maybe the person on Waveside Dr.that has a child living with them.

My grandson is a 41/2 year old special needs child(documented in office). It was not our plan to raise our grandson! He was born with drugs in his system, multipul health issues. He is developmentally delayed.

Was I supposed to let the state take him? What kind of a person would I be? Would you have given him up? He didnt ask to be born to heroin addicted parents!!!

If you have an issue with us, come talk to us, dont hide behind anonymity!!!

Dont spout nonense without knowing the full facts!!!

This is a great community!!!We love living here!!

This is so true.The home owners group does not do anything to stop the high rent increases that Cal-Am imposes on the long time residents of the park in Melbourne.Florida.

There are so many people leaving their homes because Cal-Am is forcing them out be raising the rent on people living on fixed incomes with no raises in Social Security.

They do good to have food to eat.This can only stop if every resident refuses to pay the increase as a group in the park against the owners.

The new people that are buying in the park will soon find this out and when you try to sell your home they have to approve the person buying the home.If you don't go through them they won't approve the application into the park.

EVER GEAR OF GRANDCHILDREN?????I PAY MY LOT RENT AND WHO EVER YOU ARE TOUGH I WILL HAVE MY GRAND KIDS HERE EVERYDAY IF I WISH!!!

THERE IS NO ONE WHO IS GOING TO TELL ME WHO IS ALLOWED IN MY HOME!

THEY CAN NOT LIVE HERE BUT THEY SURE CAN VISIT EVERYDAY!YOU DON'T LIKE KIDS THEN MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND AS LONG AS THEY ARE RESPECTFUL AND AREN'T BREAKING LIVE IN RULES THEN GET A LIFE THIS ISN'T LOCK DOWN AND THEY KEEP YOU YOUNG AND I WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE TO ENJOY THEM SO CLAIM UP!!!!

to Anonymous #1074799

Wow sounds like you are an angry old woman.I believe if you read some of these posts it was not about grandchildren visiting, it was about children living here.

And YES there are numerous kids living in and around this park. I didn't read in any of these posts that people didn't like grandchildren, I believe what they stated was they didn't want to live near kids-that is why this is a 55 and older community. However, so many in this park think rules don't apply to them. If you want to have your grandchildren here everyday, then good for you.

Also what was stated was that yes the grandkids can use the facilities but the rules clearly state the homeowner -55 and older needs to be present at each of the activities that the kids attend.

That isn't happening.Wow you seem very bitter and angry hopefully your beloved grandkids won't see this side of you-could cause them to be very scared.

Everything you have said is so true. I am in the process of getting out of this improperly run park.

fea

to Anonymous #1068641

You and so many others are fleeing Lamplighter Village.If my house would sell, it would be on the market too.

I am so discouraged. Everytime I go thru the neighborhood, more and more kids are living here. Cal Am-Lamplighter Village says its the 80/20 rule, but that isn't true. They could care less who moves in only that the rent is paid.

We bought in here for the 55 and older crowd. No wonder people are fleeing. I am hoping that my home sells and fast when I put it on the market. I would also have my place rented since Cal Am seems to do that in this park too.

No one checks. The manager doesn't even live here anymore. That isn't a good sign, even he doesn't want to stay.

Their brochures state 24 on site management-ha- maybe the manager didn't even tell Cal Am he moved.

Hey Anonymous: The second poster was accurate these kids live here, not visiting.Maybe before you comment you need to get your facts correct.

There are not suppose to be any children in this 55 and older community, no exceptions. Try getting out of your little bubble world and walk your community, and talk to other residents.

We all know about the kids, management knows and does nothing to fix the problem.